1. What we collect. Faxaway collects information from our customers at various points on our website through on-line forms, cookies, log files and clear gifs and also over the phone and via fax transmissions. This information may include customers name, address, email, credit information, call/fax logs, fax transmissions, IP address, type of web browser used etc. The time period for which we keep information varies according to how we use the information. In some cases, there are legal and business requirements to keep data for a minimum period.
2. How we use the information. Faxaway uses the customer information to provide our service to the customer, to monitor and operate our network and website, to communicate with the customers and to bill and collect for the services. Faxaway will contact customers via email, telephone and/or fax transmissions to provide information about enhancements or changes to customer’s existing services - if customers do not want to be contacted by Faxaway they can cancel their account – they can’t opt-out from receiving this type of correspondence as it is directly related to their account and services. Faxaway does not email special offerings from other entities – if we start then we’ll also develop an opt-out option. In addition to the disclosure described below, Faxaway may share certain customer information with third parties where those third parties treat such information consistent with this Policy and where such use is for the provision a component of the Faxaway service (such as fax transmission, billing & collection.)
3. Content of fax transmissions. Faxaway acts as a passive conduit for the distribution and receipt of your fax transmissions and does not monitor, edit, or disclose the contents of a customer’s communications unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Faxaway; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Faxaway; or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of its customers or the public. Customers should also be aware (and hereby agrees) that certain technical processing of and access to fax and email messages and their content, Faxaway may be required to: (a) route the messages; (b) conform to connecting networks' technical requirements; (c) conform to the limitations of the Service; or (d) conform to other similar requirements.
4. When we will disclose customer information (exceptions to privacy). We may disclose customer information if and when we believe it is necessary to comply with any law, regulation, court order, subpoena, or to investigate or attempt to prevent any misuse of our services or to enforce our legal rights, rules of our website, or to protect our business, property or operations. In the event Faxaway participates in a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another company, or selling a portion of its assets, customer information will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred.
5. Junk Faxes, Abuse. Faxaway may also use customer information to investigate and help prevent potentially unlawful activity or activity that threatens the network or otherwise violates the customer agreement for that service. While Faxaway cannot be responsible for the content, dialing or transmission patterns, or abuse of service of and by its customers or those sending transmissions to its customers, it is our intention to use legally available means to prevent use of the services for any illegal purpose, including but not limited to distribution and receipt of unsolicited commercial faxes ("junk faxes").
Faxaway® is a service of International Telcom